Create a rack diagram
How do I create a rack diagram in Visio?
Create a rack diagram
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Network, and then click Rack Diagram.
- From Rack-mounted Equipment, drag a Rack shape onto the drawing page.
- Find an equipment shape that you want to add to your drawing, and drag it onto the Rack shape.
Where are Visio stencils stored?
My Shapes folder
When you find stencils online and download them, Visio stores them in the My Shapes folder. That’s where you can find them when you’re ready to use them in your diagrams. When you download a stencil, and the notification bar asks if you want to open or save the file, click the arrow next to Save and click Save As.
What is a rack diagram in Visio?
A rack diagram, in turn, is a drawing of a computer rack that you can then add equipment (shapes in Visio) to. Let’s learn to create a rack diagram, then add the equipment to it. To start with, let’s go to the Backstage View, and open the Rack Diagram template.
What ribbon would you use to add a theme to your diagram?
Apply a theme and theme color to the diagram
- Open the diagram for editing.
- On the ribbon, select Design > Themes .
- Select a theme from the list.
- On the ribbon, select Design > Theme Colors .
- Select a theme color from the list.
How do I create a network rack?
How To Create Rack Diagrams
- Choose a network diagramming software.
- Design the network.
- Identify physical items.
- Place physical items onto the rack.
- Simply drag and drop the appropriate icons onto to the rack in the order you find most logical until all physical items have been accounted for.
- Label the diagram.
How do I align all objects in Visio?
- Select the shapes you want to align.
- On the Home tab, in the Arrange group, click Align and then click Auto Align.
Where are my Shapes in Visio?
By default, your My Shapes folder is located inside your default Documents folder. Then, open the stencil in Visio by navigating to My Shapes. In the Shapes window, click More Shapes, point to My Shapes, and then click the stencil name.
How do I add stencils to Visio 2016?
Add a stencil to the template
- In the Shapes window, click More Shapes.
- Click the stencil you want the template to have—move your pointer over the categories to see the stencil lists in each category. Checkmarks indicate stencils the template already has.
- The new stencil appears in the stencils list in the Shapes window.
How do I create a server rack?
How to build a server rack
- Identify the size and needs of your server rack.
- Select a template or open a shape library in a new document.
- Build and arrange server rack shapes.
- Test and adjust your server rack design.
- Finalize your design and publish.
How do I add stencils to Visio online?
If you’d like more stencils to choose from, search online and download shapes to enhance your Visio diagram.
- Select Search shapes, type a key word, and select Start search.
- Select Online.
- Choose a stencil.
- Select Download.
- Select Open to open the stencils.
How do I download stencils in Visio?
In your browser’s File Download window, click Save. Choose a location for the stencil .zip file, and then click Save. Open the .zip file and extract the stencil file (.vss) to My Documents > My Shapes folder. Open any new or existing drawing in Visio.
How many stencils are in a rack and data center diagram?
A set of 24 Microsoft Visio stencils containing manufacturer-specific network equipment shapes for rack and data center diagrams. Create detailed rack and data center diagrams using this set of 2,000 shapes representing network equipment from 3Com, APC, Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Nortel, Panduit, and Sun Microsystems.
How do I use Tripp Lite stencils in Visio?
Open any new or existing drawing in Visio. On the File menu, choose Shapes > My Shapes, and then click the Tripp Lite stencil in the Shapes pane. Can’t find the shape you need?
Why use Microsoft Visio to build rack diagrams?
With Microsoft Visio, you can quickly build a rack diagram from equipment shapes that conform to industry-standard measurements. The shapes are designed to fit together precisely, and their connection points make them easy to snap into place.