Here’s how to fix this:
How do I reconnect my British Gas smart meter?
Here’s how to fix this:
- Unplug your smart energy monitor.
- Move it closer to your electricity meter.
- Plug your smart energy monitor back in.
- Wait seven days (most smart energy monitors re-start automatically within a week)
- If it’s still not working after seven days, please contact our live chat agents.
Can I see my British Gas smart meter on my phone?
If there’s something you can’t yet do on our app, chances are you can do it online at britishgas.co.uk. Click on ‘My account’ to gain access – and you’ll be able to submit meter readings, view your bills and switch tariffs.
How do I top up my British Gas smart meter by phone?
To top up your meter: 0330 009 5698. Our automated top up service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Why is my British Gas smart meter not connecting?
First you need to establish if the problem is with your smart meters or your smart energy monitor. If your smart energy monitor stops working, check the mains power cable is inserted correctly and that your power supply is switched on at the wall. If it’s still not working, try using batteries.
How do I pair my smart meter?
It usually takes about three hours. Press and hold the power button on the back of your smart meter display to turn it on. To turn it off, press and hold the same button for five seconds. Each time you turn the smart meter display on, it will show ‘Welcome to IHD2’ then ‘Attempting to pair’.
How do I pair my smart meter display?
Can I top up smart meter without card?
You can still top up without having a smart card. You just need your smart card number. It’s a 19-digit number written on your smart card.
Can I top up my Pay As You Go gas meter Online?
If you’ve got a smart Pay As You Go meter, it’s simple to top up whenever you need to. The easiest way is to top up online or use our SSE Top-Up app. You can also top up in any shop that offers PayPoint and branches of Post Office.
How do I reconnect my smart meter?
To restore the lost connection to your smart meter, you’ll need to:
- Take your In-Home Display to where your electricity meter is located.
- Once you’re close to the meter, hold down the “OK button” until the In-Home Display turns off and then on again.
- You should then see the message: “your smart meter is now paired”.