What are the basic steps in to take during the fire emergency?
In the event of a fire, the following steps should be taken to ensure the safety of all building occupants:
- Activate the fire alarm.
- Call 911 immediately and provide information.
- Assist injured personnel or notify emergency responders of the medical emergency.
- Exit the building following emergency maps.
How do you make an emergency fire plan?
These tips can help you create a house fire evacuation plan:
- Plan for everyone.
- Find two ways out.
- Involve children in planning.
- Choose a meeting spot.
- Check smoke alarms.
- Be visible.
- Respond quickly.
- Have a backup plan.
What should a good emergency preparedness plan include?
- Assemble a disaster supply kit.
- Locate safe places in your home for each type of disaster.
- Determine the best evacuation routes from your home.
- Become trained in first aid and CPR.
- Show each family member how and where to shut off utilities (water, gas, electricity).
How do you respond to a fire emergency situation?
Visible Smoke or Fire:
- Activate the fire alarm pull station and evacuate the building.
- Do not use the elevators. Exit through a stairway that leads directly outside. Be familiar with at least two means of exit from your area.
- Call the University Police at x2911 from a “safe” phone near an exit. Provide information.
What is fire safety plan?
A fire safety plan is a detailed document that covers all aspects of fire safety for a specific building or property. The plan will outline: A safe and orderly way for occupants to evacuate the building. Proper maintenance and housekeeping required to prevent fires.
What is a fire management plan?
A fire safety management plan details your arrangements to implement, control, monitor and review fire safety standards and to ensure those standards are maintained.
How do I write an emergency evacuation plan?
7 Steps to Improve Your Organization’s Fire Evacuation Plan
- Imagine various scenarios.
- Establish roles and responsibilities.
- Determine escape routes and nearest exits.
- Create a communication plan.
- Know your tools and inspect them.
- Rehearse fire evacuation procedures.
- Follow-up and reporting.
What is a fire plan?
A fire escape plan is a plan for what you need to do if there is a fire in your home. Make the plan with everyone in your home. Practice it regularly. Put the plan into action when your fire or smoke alarm goes off.