What was the Signal Corps in WWII?
The Signal Corps Laboratories were responsible for designing and developing much of the communications equipment used by American forces in World War II. The laboratories developed the SCR-510 in 1941. This was the first FM backpack radio.
How long does it take to rank up in the Army officer?
Time in Grade and Time in Service
|Promote to:||Time in Service||Time in Grade|
|First lieutenant/O2||18 months||18 months|
|Captain/O3||4 years plus 1 year||2 years|
|Major/O4||10 years +/- 1year||3 years|
|Lieutenant Colonel/O5||16 years +/- 1 year||3 years|
What is the Bronze Order of Mercury?
The Bronze Order of Mercury recognizes those who have demonstrated the highest standards of integrity, moral character, professional competence and selflessness and who have contributed significantly to the promotion of the Signal Corps and the Signal Regimental Association.
What is the 96th Sustainment Brigade?
Effective 17 September 2008, the lineage of the 96th Infantry Division was reorganized and redesignated as the 96th Sustainment Brigade, with its headquarters located at Fort Douglas, Salt Lake City, Utah. The 96th Sustainment Brigade deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2009.
Why was the 96th Signal Battalion called the Ballantine?
The rest of the trip was quiet and we were not to hear the enemy bombs again until we were deep in the wild Burma jungles. The 96th Signal Battalion was known as the “Ballantine Battalion” due to the fact our army insignia on our equipment was the insignia of the Ballantine Beer.
When was the 11th Corps Signal Brigade activated?
The Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 11th Corps Signal Brigade, was constituted on 1 September 1943 as the 3103rd Signal Service Battalion and activated 20 December 1943 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. The battalion departed for England on 23 January 1944 and to France on 31 August 1944 in support of the war efforts.
When did the 396th Signal Company change to the regular army?
(Organized Reserve Corps redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve) Reorganized and redesignated 20 May 1953 as the 396th Signal Company Consolidated 21 October 1977 with the 396th Signal Detachment (active) (see ANNEX); consolidated unit designated as the 396th Signal Company and allotted to the Regular Army